MCIU Student Wellness Committee
The Committee serves as an advisory committee regarding student health issues and is responsible for developing, periodically reviewing and recommending to the Board a Student Wellness Policy that complies with law. The current law regarding local school wellness policies is the 2010 Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act (HHFKA).
The MCIU’s Student Wellness Committee is currently seeking public input into a revised school wellness policy. The Committee will convene a meeting at the Anderson School on April 4, 2017 at 2:00 PM to review and finalize a new policy.
The MCIU’s current Student Wellness Policy can be found here: Student Wellness Policy
Members of the 2016/2017 MCIU Student Wellness Committee include:
- Samantha Bader, MCIU Health & Nutrition Coordinator (Committee Chairperson)
- Sherri Becker, MCIU Board of Directors
- Judy Colihan, Teacher
- Daniel Deegan, Adaptive Physical Education Teacher
- Sandra Edling, Assistant Director/Office of Business Services
- Georgine Fronczak, Principal/The Anderson School
- Bridget McGuigan, School Nurse
- Cecelia Quenzer, School Nurse
- Paula Rice, Program Administrator/MCIU Head Start & Pre-K Counts
- Joshua Steff, School Counselor/Non-public School Services
- Carly Weist, MCIU Health & Nutrition Assistant
MCIU students, parents of MCIU students and members of the general public are welcome to attend and participate in MCIU Student Wellness Committee meetings.
Minutes from recent Student Wellness Committee meetings can be found here:
For more information regarding the MCIU’s Student Wellness Committee, please contact:
Samantha Bader, MCIU Health & Nutrition Coordinator
Carly Weist, MCIU Health & Nutrition Assistant