General Education at The Anderson School
For more details or to contact The Anderson School, we invite you to visit the school website at http://andersoneducation.org.
The Anderson School is designed to meet the needs of middle and/or senior high school students requiring a setting in which conditions that distract or over-stimulate them in the large-group general education environment can be controlled, reduced, or eliminated for instruction.
The Anderson School provides emotional support in an off-campus setting for students with Individual Educational Plans as well as for non-identified students needing similar services. Highly qualified professional staff provide instruction in the general education curriculum aligned with Pennsylvania State Standards.
The Anderson School seeks to promote emotional growth while helping students develop a new and purposeful direction in their lives.
- Curriculum maps and assessments linked to Pennsylvania State Standards
- Inclusion opportunities at area centers for vocational technology
- Individual therapeutic intervention including stress management and/or cognitive behavioral techniques
- Individual supported instruction
- Industrial Arts, Family Consumer Science, and Ceramic Studio
- Multimedia technology including web based video streaming
- Music appreciation provided by the Kardon Institute
- Specially Designed Instruction:
- Anderson Behavior Support System
- Anger Management
- Bully Prevention and Restorative Justice
- Character Education
- Conflict Resolution
- Peer Mediation
- Prosocial Behavior Training
Supportive services included:
- Behavior Management
- Psychological Support
- Psychiatric Support
- Regular Physical Education
- Social Work Services