The Office of Business Services provides responsive and supportive cooperative purchasing activities for the public schools in Montgomery County, PA. Many of the bid opportunities coordinated by the MCIU’s Joint Purchasing Consortium have permissible ‘piggybacking’ language for other public entities, as well.
The MCIU encourages and supports the involvement of small diverse businesses as service providers and vendors supporting Intermediate Unit operations.
- A Small Diverse Business is a Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of General Services verified minority-owned business, woman-owned business, service-disabled veteran-owned, disability-owned, and LGBTQ-owned business.
- A small business is a business in the United States which is independently owned, not dominant in its field of operation, employs no more than 100 full-time or full-time equivalent employees, and earns less than $38.5 million in gross annual revenues.
The MCIU currently coordinates the following Bids/RFPs via the MCIU Joint Purchasing Consortium:
- Art Supplies
- Classroom Learning Spaces (Furniture)
- Copy Paper
- Custodial Supplies
- General Office Supplies
- Medical/Athletic Trainer Supplies
- Football Insurance Coverage
- Heating Oil & Diesel/Unleaded Fuel
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Trash Disposal Services
For more information on the activities of the MCIU’s Joint Purchasing Consortium or to request purchasing assistance for your School, please contact one of the following individuals:
Program Administrator, Operations